Highlands High School Announcements "Home of the Scots"
- We are going to bring our Spirit Friday’s back here at Highlands every Friday where every student and staff member will rock Highlands gear. Our goal is 100% participation, we are looking forward to letting the Scots Spirit fly high. We will to start this next Friday. Lastly, all 4th period classes will be counted for participation weekly as it goes toward a total for the last Friday in each Month! The class winner will receive a special reward.
- Reminder students: All guest passes for prom are due by March 30th. Please put your completed guest passes in the yellow folder on VP Westerman’s door. Remember to clear all detentions in order to attend prom.
- Reminder ASB OFFICERS: We will be meeting in the library today at lunch for our meeting.
- Detention can be served before school from 6:30am to 7:30am in Mrs. Olson’s room, E-8, Monday through Friday starting March 13 through March 31.
- “This is the last week to buy your prom tickets. They will be sold before and after school in Mrs. Olson’s room, E-8, at lunch near the counseling office. The price is $75.”
- “All students attending the prom must return their behavior contract to Mrs. Olson in room E-8 before they will received their ticket. Please return your contract no later than Wednesday, March 29. Thank you!”
- “Ladies are you still undecided about what to wear to prom? Highlands High School has received some prom dresses donated by the community. If you are interested in looking at the available dresses please see Mrs. Olson in room E-8 before or after school.”
- “Don’t forget to support our prom expo sponsors, California Dream Dress and Tuxedo Den. They each have special promotions going for the Highlands prom.”
- Clubs exist to get students connected to their interests in order to make a greater impact here a Highlands. Take the time to talk to your teachers to see if they advise a club and then join. Look for the signs to be posted in the halls which will get you headed in the right direction. Plug in , power up, and pull out with intensity to make a difference on our campus. If you have further questions see Mr German for details.
- Club L.I.F.T. meets on Tuesdays after school in room E11. Come be a part and lets make a difference!!!
- Freshman, are you struggling in your classes, do you need some support? This is your chance to get the support and accountability you need, as well as a chance to make new friends. Join the FNAF club( Freddy Needs A Friend) by bringing your lunch to E-12 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays to earn rewards, and prizes.
ASB/ Leadership/ Club L.I.F.T.
- Leadership is still looking for chess players to represent Highlands in a district wide tournament. If you would like to participate in a Twin Rivers chess tournament on Tuesday April 4th 2017 please contact Mr. German as soon as possible by dropping by in person to room E11.
- If you think that you have talent and want to represent Highlands High School in a City Wide Talent Show please contact Mr. German today. If you can’t see me, please school loop me, and leave your name grade and talent that you will be sharing. The deadline is near.
- Do you have great ideas, and have no room on your schedule to be in the leadership class. Please stop by room E-11 to see Mr. German for further details on how you can get involved.
Bring in your college acceptance, Military Contracts and/or Scholarship Award letters to Ms. Yang at the Counseling Center to have your name put on the College Board. Those accepted to a 4 year college will receive a College acceptance t shirt.
- Seniors please get your quotes into Yearbook as soon as possible. If you don’t submit a quote the space for your quote will either be a random quote or blank altogether.
- Senior class – your class meeting is held each Wednesday during lunch in Mrs. Olson’s classroom, E8. Also, if you are a senior and would like to participate on the prom committee we meet in Mrs. Olson’s classroom, E8, on Mondays during lunch.”